Egis main interest in Australia is the operation and maintenance of major infrastructure projects. We have delivered operations and maintenance services in:
- Roads (Brisbane Legacy Way, Sydney M5 East, and M2, and Melbourne CityLink)
- Trams (Yarra Trams) and
- Ports (Flinders Ports).
Operations services includes all activities necessary for the use, operation and control of the infrastructure including, but not limited to:
- Operate systems for safe operation of the infrastructure, including mechanical, electrical and ventilation systems and fire and life safety systems
- Respond to incidents including assisting users in breakdowns
- Manage emergency response and interfacing with emergency services agencies
- Managing assets to ensure toll road availability, and lifecycle of assets
- Implementing continuous improvement in areas of safety, quality and environment
- Liaising with regional road network managers, police, other tunnel operators, and local authorities to ensure safe and efficient roadway positive user experience.
Operations and maintenance is Egis core business. Independent of manufacturers, and infrastructure construction companies, Egis provides clients unbiased and informed advice and ensures the best value for the whole-of-life of the assets. This means the costs of operating and maintaining equipment (including any associated downtime) is a major consideration of all work that we are involved in.