Group › Egis in Australia
For more than 20 years, Egis has developed an activity as infrastructure operator. Egis manages and transforms road infrastructure for public and private owners and investors. By partnering through every stage of the project, Egis strives to create enduring social and economic benefits today and tomorrow.
Road operation and maintenance: Egis operates and maintains 44 roads or motorways in 20 different countries, i.e. a network of nearly 4130km used daily by 3.2 million vehicles, while committing on price and performance through long term contracts. The group has a strong experience in tunnel operation with a total of 59 km of tunnels operated and 70km under contract.
Egis provides seamless integrated operation and management solutions. This has been our core business for 20 years in Australia. We offer a unique combination of global expertise and experience on world class infrastructure projects.
We have held operation and maintenance contracts in tunnels and roads on high profile projects in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Current projects and services include:
Operation and Maintenance:
Incident Response & Maintenance Services:
- Legacy Way Tunnel
- Go between Bridge
- Innercity Bypass
- Airport Link M7
Egis will continue developing operation and maintenance opportunities with innovation at its core. To achieve this, we will identify technologies and innovations drawn from projects worldwide to enhance viability of existing projects, and increase our value to new projects.
Rail Engineering and Consultancy:
Since 2019, Egis has been expanding its rail transport engineering activities to Oceania, to address the very ambitious rail programs of Australia and New Zealand. Egis has secured several assignments on flagship projects in the region, notably the City Rail Link in Auckland (New Zealand), the Parramatta light rail project in New South Wales and the Melbourne Metro Tunnel in Victoria. Egis is now operating two permanent offices (Auckland and Sydney) in the region to better service its clients with their projects.
Our Project History
- 2016-2019 Pre-operations
- Since 2019 Operations and maintenance
Sydney M2 and Lane Cove Tunnel
- 2015 – 2018 Incident response and traffic management
- 2015 – 2018 Incident response service
Brisbane Legacy Way
- 2013 – 2015 Pre-operations
- 2015 – 2017 Operations and maintenance
Tunnel Network Services
- Since 2017 Incident response and maintenance Legacy Way and Go Between Bridge
- Since 2018 Incident response and maintenance AirportlinkM7 and Inner City Bypass
- Since 2019 Incident response and maintenance Clem7
- 1994 – 1997 Pre-operations
- 1997 – 2006 Operations and maintenance
- 2006 – 2013 Operations
- 1996 – 2000 Operations and maintenance (including toll collection)
- 2000 – 2006 Operations and maintenance
- 2006 – 2013 Operations
Sydney M5 East
- 1998 – 2001 Pre-operations
- 2001 – 2011 Operations and maintenance
- 2001 – 2010 Investor, operations and maintenance
Melbourne Yarra Trams
- 1999 – 2002 Investor, operations and maintenance