The quality of our services comes down to our staff, and their capabilities and willingness to perform in the Egis culture. In the selection of our workforce we pay particular attention to the cultural fit and demand a strong commitment to safety, and ensure personnel understand our clients objectives and deliver positive customer experience. In exchange we provide a fair and safe workplace with competitive remuneration and support staff to establish, maintain and enhance their capabilities through appropriate training and development opportunities.
We develop a positive working culture in our projects through a commitment to:
- Corporate direction – Egis mission, vision and values (safety, responsibility, care and creativity) are described to personnel from the recruitment phase, and reinforced through their employment. These statements are commitment to customers, employees, and the wider community of Egis service delivery.
- Recruiting the right leaders – Egis employs managers with demonstrated leadership in safety, quality and performance. Equally important for these positions is how they relate and communicate with their team, client and with customers.
- Team development – Egis encourages team building in a social environment. This also promotes opportunities for employees to share concerns and gain support from their co-workers.
- Job influence – Egis conveys the importance of the roles, the responsibility they have in conducting and presenting themselves professionally, and the impact they have on safety of themselves, co-workers, and customers. Team performance indicators are discussed openly, and our personnel take an active role in improving our safety, quality and performance.
- Personal development – Reflecting our care and creativity values, Egis recognises interests and abilities and promotes development opportunities in line with employee interests. Egis conducts staff competency assessments on regular basis to ensure that staff are competent to perform designated duties, and provides a continuous training and development environment
- Communication - Egis provides multiple avenues and systems for staff to contribute information to enhance project objectives and improve areas such as safety, quality and productivity.